Sunday, February 8, 2009

2009 Grammy Winners!

J.T. and Al Green performing the classic,
"Let's Stay Together"
Coldplay

Robert Plant and Allison Kraus, Coldplay, Adele, and Kings of Leon were big winners tonight at the 2009 Grammy Awards.

Some performances were good; Justin Timberlake and Al Green were awesome--they did a quick replacement for Rihanna and Chris Brown, who for some reason, couldn't make it. Ahem.

I wish Kings of Leon had performed Sex on Fire...best song of the year, if you ask me. It wasn't nominated for Best Song, but shoulda been.


This is as close to a video of Sex on Fire I could find...all others are disabled. If you haven't heard this great song...give a listen!





For the entire list of winners, go to www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx

5 comments:

Annette said...

Don't know what i think of the Coldplay matching boys band look....It's a bit....Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with a grunge influence. (love their music though)

Poor Kate said...

I said the same thing--to the TV; it didn't answer back.

Miss. Taylor said...

I'm glad King of Leon won I really love them. Did you catch the issue of rolling stone with them in it. I believe it was an issue in January, but they were talking about how Kings of Leon are more popular outsides of the states. I find that really sad, I absolutely love them

Miss. Taylor said...

I'm glad Kings of Leon came away with something. I really enjoy them. However I'm sad I totally missed the grammys. :/

Annette said...

They're very popular in the UK - my brother loves 'em.