Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I HATE DishNetwork and Fisher Broadcasting!

Oh noooooooo!


My GD head is exploding. We subscribe to the Dish Network for our television viewing pleasure...except starting January 1st of this year, we were no longer being provided with the pleasure of our ABC affiliate, KOMO. Fisher Broadcasting (who owns KOMO) is demanding more money from the Dish Network than they are willing to pay, so no ABC for subscribers. I was adjusting pretty well UNTIL I SAW THAT THE OSCARS ARE ON ABC THIS SUNDAY!! Mother EFF! How am I supposed to blog and Twitter during the Academy Awards when I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THEM??


GAAAAHHH!! Is anyone having am Oscar Party that I can attend?? No? How about an old black and white tv in their basement with a wire coathanger that mooches off the neighbor's cable? You won't even know I'm there!


I'm desperate.

1 comment:

Vijay Kumar said...

Here how I just solved this in Seattle. My dish box is a 622 HD DVR. It supports two TVs and have two remote controls.

The second-TV remote works through a tiny UHF antenna. If you have a two-remote set-up, take that UHF remote antenna and remove it. It will make your second remote/TV combo unusable.

But you can now use that UHF remote and connect it to the TV-antenna input of your satellite box. After that you just have to scan for local channels. On my 622 box that means going to menu-->localChannels. This gave me all my local channels, including ABC (KOMO), in HD to boot. Further, I was able to set up my DVR to record the oscars.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.