Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brit Awards - Hey! Another List!!

The luminous Duffy.


"The more I see, the more I know;
the more I know, the less I understand"...
Oh, Paul Weller. I love you. Swooooon.
This is an old song, I realize, but it's my favourite.

I admit it. I'm an anglophile when it comes to music and certain MEN (David Beckham, Jason Statham, Gavin Rossdale, Daniel Craig...) I love Snow Patrol, David Bowie, Duffy, Paul Weller (pronounced Pohl Wellah), Adele, Oasis, Mark Ronson, Amy Winehouse, Royworld, Keane, oh, the list goes on and on.

I'm irritated, though, because I haven't been able to find a broadcast of this year's Brit Awards on our one and only BBC channel. Again, I hate DishNetwork, goddamnit.

Here are the 2009 Brit Award Winners:

British Female Solo Artist: Duffy
I'm bummed I missed her show in Seattle.
International Female Solo Artist: Katy Perry
Bleh. Sick of this novelty act chick.
British Breakthrough Act: Duffy
International Group: Kings Of LeonBritish Male Solo Artist: Paul Weller
I find Mr. Weller extremely attractive.
International Album: Kings Of Leon - Only By the Night
"ohhhhh-ho, your sex is on fiiiiirre...." love it.
British Live Act: Iron Maiden
British Group: Elbow
Critics Choice: Florence And The Machine
International Male Solo Artist: Kanye West
Dumbass
British Single: Girls Aloud – “The Promise”
British Album: Duffy – Rockferry
Outstanding Contribution To Music: Pet Shop Boys
Producer of the Year: Bernard Butler

No comments: