Thursday, February 19, 2009

J.D. Fortune Lives in a Car. Bummer.

Buh-bye
.
Australia: "DUMPED INXS frontman JD Fortune has lifted the lid on his humiliating axing, admitting success turned him to drugs and he is now living in his car.

The 35-year-old - picked to front the group after winning 2005 series Rockstar: INXS - told Canada’s Entertainment Tonight he was unceremoniously given the boot at a Hong Kong airport. He is now homeless and desperate to launch a solo career. "I don't know where I am going from sofa to sofa, from night to night. I am trying to get through my life," Fortune said. "I was in an airport at Hong Kong and literally got a handshake. They said, 'Thank you very much'. I found myself really alone because I had travelled with these guys for 23 months."
Fortune - real name Jason Dean Bennison - added his departure could have had something to do with his excessive cocaine use. "It got as bad as it needed to be for me to numb out the fact that I knew this was going to come to a screeching halt," he said.

Fortune was the latest singer to join INXS, filling the enormous void left by the death of Michael Hutchence in a Sydney hotel in 1997.

Michael Hutchence

Well. Where shall I begin? Those of you who know me personally are well-aware of my rather sickening obsession with Michael Hutchence. (Hey, it's not as bad as it was...yet another addiction "cured" by my time in the San Diego "facility".) Anyhoo...sure, I watched "Rock Star INXS" back in 2005--but I knew no one could EVER replace Michael. I never listened to INXS's music with J.D. Fortune. I hated hearing him slaughter, I repeat, SLAUGHTER Michael's original works of art.

I am using the story merely as an opportunity post this: Click on it...watch it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The remaining band members must all have needed therapy to agree with this stupendous and humiliating decision to replace Michael with a (of all things) reality tv show competition. The end result couldn't have been worse. Arrogant know it all ass kissing egotistic con artist. Impersonations aside why had he never gone on the road with his so called friends band members he had? Rumour was every time he stayed with a friend he stole or cheated them out of money.Posting on some sites say he chased any girl no matter under age or not to hitch up with him,
Slimeball.

Poor Kate said...

Thank you for posting this.

There will NEVER be another Michael--and I wish they just had stopped after dear Michael died. It still breaks my heart.

xoxo j