Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rhianna Dumps Chris and Jay-Z Sorta Threatens Chris. Sweet.

Rihanna is home in Barbados...

As bad as it sounds, THIS is the kind of hip-hop violence I do wanna hear about...Chris Brown gettin' a serious retaliation beat-down. Errrr...just kidding?
Anway, The Sun is reporting:

"RIHANNA'S father says the singer has “some bruising” after the alleged attacked by ex boyfriend CHRIS BROWN.
RONALD FENTY confirmed the Umbrella beauty is recovering in her native Barbados with girlfriends and claimed she will speak out about the incident soon.
Describing her current condition, he said: “There is some bruising. She will be alright. I think so.

“At some point she will speak out.

“I hope she will stand up for women all over the world. Ronald, a salesman and freelance clothing designer, has now confirmed the pair have now broken up.

Ronald said: "The relationship is over and I am pleased. She doesn't want to speak to Chris. She is being very brave about things and said that she will be back on stage performing soon."
The last time he saw Rihanna and Chris together was in July.
He said: “They seemed pretty happy. I don’t know what went wrong.”

Meanwhile JAY-Z has issued a warning to Chris amid the allegations.
"Chris is a walking dead man. He messed with the wrong crew," he told Us Weekly.

I really wonder how all this will all play out. Will Rihanna give Dateline's Ann Curry an interview (seeing that she's the go-to chick these days)? Will she keep quiet? I hope she actually does speak out; domestic violence is a huge issue for a celebrity to champion. It would be fantastic if she brought this to her mostly young fans' attention...it's never okay to sit back and allow that kind of violent behavior to swept under the rug. Know'msayin'?

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Oh I knowyosaying (damn, that sounded better when u said it!!)
I worked in the domestic violence for Legal Aid for a year, and I saw first-hand what scars it leaves, and not just physical. I'd love to put the beat down (now how hypocritical am I?) on everyone that thinks it's o.k. to smack your partner around. It's. Not. OK. EVER.