Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta James Can Kick Beyonce` Knowles's Ass from her Hoveround.**UPDATE from 1/28 Original Post**Oh, Man. Second UPDATE - Etta Begins the Backpedalling

"Oh no you DITN'T say that 'bout me!"
"At Last" belongs to ETTA


"Shut the eff UP"...

Oh gurrrrrl. I KNEW it. (Again, see my previous post regarding the Legend Etta James being irritated about Beyonce` singing "At Last" to President Obama and his wife, Michelle for their first Inauguration dance!)

Two dear friends of mine saw Ms. Etta James at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle last night. She showed up onstage in a scooter-chair and proceeded to be the sassy, naughty broad they never really knew she was. When it was finally time to sing her classic "At Last" she told the audience, "there I was, watching my new President and his wife...dancing to MY song--by that BEYONCE`!"


She went on to make several more unflattering remarks about Ms. Knowles, which made it pretty clear...she could totally kick Beyonce's ass from that scooter chair. Babygirl better watch her big, um, backside.

Thanks, Holly!!
**UPDATE**
Here is a quote from an audio recording from Etta's performance at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle:
"I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she gonna get her ass whupped," James told an audience at the Paramount Theatre, sarcastically calling her "The great Beyoncé."James didn't finish there."I can't stand Beyoncé," she spit out on an audio clip posted on Allhiphop.com, adding that Beyoncé "had no business ... singing my song that I been singing forever."
I'd pay cash money to see these two cat fight it out, wouldn't you? However, I expect plenty of backpedalling to come on Etta's part.
I KNEW IT. Etta James hopped on her Hoveround and backpedalled on her rant about Beyonce`.
The veteran chanteuse, who made headlines last week for telling a Seattle audience that she "can't stand" Beyoncé, said Thursday that she was purely joking—despite the fact that she feels she would have done a better job singing her signature tune, "At Last," to Barack and Michelle Obama at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball.
"I didn't really mean anything," James told the New York Daily News of her onstage aside. "Even as a little child, I've always had that comedian kind of attitude...That's probably what went into it.
Yeah. Probably that and the fact the she meant every. Single. Word.

No comments: