Saturday, January 3, 2009

We're Goin' Vegetarian--Sorta

Mmmmm...tofu?

Okay, so we're still eating fish. And bacon. (Not really on the bacon, but that's funny every time to me.) I'll be honest with you. It's not an ethical choice. It's more of a fat, fat the water rat choice. I love meat as much as ya'll do. Tonight Stephen is making spicy pad thai with TOFU for dinner! I found a yummy looking recipe and being the King of the Kitchen that he is, Stephen is chopping up veggies and tofu as I write this...

Thanks to Annette, I've been eating "salad" sandwiches every single day for several weeks now. They consist of whole grain bread with an entire sliced tomato and tons of raw spinach. I'll add a bit of avocado, too if we have one. I simply cannot get enough spinach. I eat it by the bagful. I suppose there are far worse things I could be dependant upon, yes?

Patrick's none too happy about this venture, though, I must say. He's coming for a visit in February and fully expects Stephen's usual menu. We'll see how it goes.

I can still get the 7-layer burrito at Taco Bell, right?

No comments: