Friday, January 30, 2009

Ali Lohan? An "ExtraORDINARY Woman". I'm So SURE.


She's FIFTEEN, and oh, so ordinary.
I love how the following excerpt from photographer, Jonathan Ressler's website describing his series of whom he describes as "Extraordinary Women". I guess I'm showing my age--or standards--by expecting to see photos of women such as Michelle Obama, Oprah, Angelina Jolie, you know, EXTRAORDINARY WOMEN.

I checked out this dude's website, and although the photos are lovely, I didn't see one single woman. I saw plenty of girls...bland, uninteresting, blonde girls. At least Ali Lohan has dark hair. Maybe that makes her "extraordinary". That, combined with the fact that she's FIFTEEN but looks like a 35 year old woman. I think Ali is one the "dead horses" that I beat. Oh, and check out her platform flip-flops with the taupe gown. Awesome choice.

According to the photographer's Web site, "Extraordinary Women is the result of a long career spent working with inspiring and amazing women. From all this experience, (Ressler) has taken portraits of 50 of the most remarkable women anyone is likely to meet. Each woman stands apart: beautiful, graceful, compassionate, wise and brave; individual and unforgettable."

Continuing on, the "Extraordinary Women" snippet tells, "Shot across the world, these portraits capture the extraordinary character of each of the subjects. Some of the subjects being Poets, ballet dancers, actresses, artists, executives and teachers - these women come from all corners, each making her own mark on history."

I'm completely baffled by that last paragraph. But here we are talking about this unknown photographer and Ali Lohan. A-bloody-gain. (Thanks, Naughty Brit, Carter Magna for teaching me how to say that.)

No comments: