Friday, October 23, 2009

Songs of the WEEKEND - "Battleflag" by Lo Fidelity All-Stars and "Kinda I Want To" by NIN



There are songs that I will love for-effing-ever and this is one of them. I can't believe how relevant and current Battleflag, by Lo Fidelity Allstars still sounds right this second...and it was released in 1998. 

Speaking of relevance - Pretty Hate Machine, by Nine Inch Nails is 20 freaking years old this month. Holy crap. I DARE you to listen to that cd and not think it was just released this week. 




Kinda I Want To - NIN

These two songs bring back memories, I can tell you. Back in the late 90's there was a Gothic-Industrial club in Seattle called The Catwalk. It was heaven...in a blood-red-walled hellish way, and I loved it. I look back on those nights of wearing velvet, vinyl and Vamp (by Chanel) lipstick and nail polish very fondly, sadly (or just as well?) it closed down many years ago.


If I could go back there for just one night, tonight...and take Stephen with me, I sure would.

Photobucket


I'm such a goon admitting all this stuff, back then Shirley Manson from Garbage was my inspiration...and to some extent, she still is. Pardon me while I take a stroll down memory lane back to the late 90's for a moment. 

No comments: