Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ryan Reynolds is The Green Lantern. Big Whoop.

Oooooh...a LANTERN!
Okay, I don't get it. Sue me.



Eh, I 'spose there are those folks who are interested in such matters as to whom would be cast as The Green Lantern, I'm just not one of them. The only superhero I give a shit about is Batman. I'll watch The Dark Knight over and over til I'm blue, all because of Heath Ledger's Joker, of course.

So yeah, Mr. Scarlett Johansson (Reynolds) won out over some hotter dudes, if you ask me: Justin Timberlake, Bradley Cooper and (swoon) Jared Leto.

I will say though, I laugh every time I see the commercial for that chick flick Ryan's in with Sandra Bullock, when he yells, "WHY ARE YOU WET?". It just strikes me as hilarious every time.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

I'm a nerd, so I care. I, personally, was really hoping that Nathan Fillion would get the role of Hal Jordan. Ryan Reynolds is too smart ass to really fit the character of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. However, he'll do fantastic when the Deadpool spin off happens. He fits Deadpool's personality perfectly. This now concludes your nerd report.

Poor Kate said...

Nathan Fillion is a fantastic actor...good choice! I wonder if he was up for the role, too?