Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, Update 1958 - 2009

The historic Apollo Theatre pays
respects to Michael Jackson

A vigil is being held outside the

Jackson Family estate in Encino, CA.

Michael Jackson


Just a quick update on the death of Michael Jackson.

It's being said that Michael's children, Paris, Michael and "Blanket" were all present when Michael collapsed in his home yesterday. The children stayed at home with their nanny while Michael was being attended to by paramedics and then taken to Ronald Regan Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Some troubling news is that Michael's physician, who was with Michael at the time of his cardiac arrest has disappeared. LAPD towed the doctor's BMW from Michael's home yesterday for investigation. Speculations are that this doctor may have injected Michael with Demerol, which could have caused cardiac arrest. It's also being said that Michael was abusing morphine as well as Demerol, along with being terribly underweight, which in turn, can contribute to stress on the heart.

An autopsy is being performed right now at the L.A. Coroner's office. This is the highest-profile autopsy in that office since Marilyn Monroe and Bobby Kennedy. It's also where the autopsy of Nicole Simpson was performed--rather messily, in fact--so let's hope extreme care is being given. The autopsy may not be as conclusive as the toxicology report which may take days, even weeks for results.

Now comes the notion of whom will retain custody of Michael's three children. Debbie Rowe did not sign away her parental rights, as previously reported, thus leaving her first in line to obtain custody. They are staying with Michael's mother, Katherine now however. I have a feeling this could get messy.

On a more emotional note, several celebrities have made statements regarding their feelings about Michael Jackson's passing:

Brooke Shields: "My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."

Madonna: "I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

Lisa Marie Presley: "I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Quincy Jones: "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words."

Liza Minnelli: "He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."

Corey Feldman: "I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend. Unfortunately Michael and I had a falling out on September 10th 2001 and that broken friendship had never been repaired … I am filled with tremendous sadness and remorse. All I choose to remember from this point is the good times we shared and what an inspiration he was to me and the rest of the world. Nobody will ever be able to do what Michael Jackson has done in this industry, and he was so close to doing it all again. I am truly, and deeply sorry for all of the heartbroken fans and supporters worldwide."



Anderson Cooper told a funny little story about meeting Michael at Studio 54 last night. It brought a smile to my face.

I'll certainly continue updating this troubling story...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was so much bs being thrown around about MJ`S DEATH THAT I LITERALLY SHUT MY PC OFF. celebrate the life of a man . dont find reasons to hate. because his
death gives u opportunity to do so

Poor Kate said...

Ummm...I'm certainly not hating. You're referring to OTHER blogs, yes?