Tuesday, June 23, 2009

GLAAD Calls Perez Hilton Out and John Mayer Joins in the Fun!

The very unfunny and stupid, Perez Hilton

Well, now dumbass Perez Hilton has gone and pissed off the folks at GLAAD--and I think they are justified. The more I think about the whole situation with that idiot calling Will.I.Am from the Blackeyed Peas a "f*cking f*ggot", he needs a good tongue lashing. (Ewww. Sorry.)

The L.A. Times is reporting:

"The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is asking the openly gay Perez Hilton to apologize for the derogatory slurs he called Will.i.am, causing Black Eyed Peas general manager Polo Molina to sock the blogger in the eye.

Rashad Robinson, GLAAD's senior director of media programs, said: "These are vulgar anti-gay slurs that feed a climate of hatred and intolerance toward our community. For someone in our own community to use it to attack another person by saying that it is, quote, ‘The worst possible thing that thug would ever want to hear,’ is incredibly dangerous. It legitimizes use of a slur that is often linked to violence against our community. And it sends a message that it is OK to attempt to dehumanize people by exploiting anti-gay attitudes.”
I spend a lot (too much?) time reading other blogs and websites, and it really seems that most everyone thinks Perez Hilton was the one who was out of line by calling Will.I.Am these awful slurs. What the hell did he expect? He knew how much it would infuriate Will, and did it deliberately--thinking there would be no ramifications. WRONG, Mario.

Good for GLAAD for stepping up to the plate and calling Perez's fat ass out on his bad behavior. And good for John Mayer (!) for doing the same thing in Twitter; check this out:
Mayer: Perez Hilton's video statement is so long that by the end of it his cut healed.
Perez: That's real funny! Ha ha! And I'm sure you also think I "deserved" to get hit!
Mayer: I also want to train you in an old martial art called "Never Call A Black Dude a F**got Jitsu."
Perez: Dude, I get it. I GET IT. But it's not f**king funny to me. Karma would be me losing my site and going bankrupt or what have u.
And as if the whole world coming down on the sassy blogger weren't enough, Mayer tops off his beef by calling Perez a "dumb sh*t."
I LOVE it.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

All this is playing right into his hands. He wants to be the story more than the stories he writes. Now he gets that and all the publicity that goes with it. I bet his hits have skyrocketed since all this stuff has happened. Deal with the heat now and then he'll have tens of thousands of new daily hits after it's all said and done.

Poor Kate said...

Stuart, you are exactly right. I really can't stand this a-hole.