Saturday, August 8, 2009

"American Idol" Update - Victoria Beckham arrives for Denver audition

The always over-dressed (and under-fed)
Victoria Beckham in Denver for A.I. auditions
Oh, Paula.

I haven't been giving moment-by-moment coverage of the Paula Abdul vs. American Idol crap that's been going on all week because I'm not that interested. BUT, I will say this: (I may catch hell from some of you), but Paula drove me out of my ever-lovin' mind with her blather. My husband will vouch for the fact that I would scream at the TV when she slurred, rambled and gushed inappropriately. Oh Lord, and that dancing of hers while the contestants are performing. "Somebody make her SIT THE EFF DOWN!", I would wail each and every week.

Oh, and all those ridiculous online petitions to "save Paula" are embarrassing.

So. The news of Victoria Beckham filling in for Drunky McDrool makes me giddy. I'm one of the few who will admit to loving Vicks. I think she's funny...really funny. I don't think she takes her persona all that seriously, and actually just plays it up, if you will.

The Mirror.com reports:

"She's thrilled to be joining American Idol - but don't expect Victoria Beckham to swap that pout for a smile.

Days after we revealed that Posh was going to step into Paula Abdul's Louboutins on the hit reality talent show, she has called to tell us about her judging style.

Victoria, 35, tells us: "I am beyond excited. When I heard, I just couldn't believe it.

"I feel like I've got the best job that there is. I'm just so happy and I can't wait. I was in bed on Wednesday when I got the text from Simon Fuller saying: 'You're going to Denver'."

When she arrived at a downtown Denver hotel yesterday before the first round of auditions, scores of onlookers crowded around taking photos.

She said: "I'm a big fan of the show - I come to the shows with the kids and David loves it. I'm just so grateful to be given such a fantastic opportunity.

"I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

I'll try hard to pout and not shatter the illusion I'm a moody cow...(aka "a sulky moo") but I don't know if I can!" Any contestants expecting a hard time from the Spice Girl-turnedclothes designer can breathe a sigh of relief.

Victoria reveals she's no Simon Cowell and insists she'll be "nice" to contestants.

She told 3am: "I know how it feels to be stood there and judged - and how it can feel when nerves get the better of you."

There are also reports of Katy Perry the Novelty Act showing up as a guest judge as well. Honk shoooooo.

I'm probably going to be sorry for asking, but what are your thoughts on the Paula vs. American Idol situation?

1 comment:

Annette said...

I've never watched the show but i was just waiting for you to comment and tell me all about it!