Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday, Richard Gere!

You'll always be Julian Kaye to me, Richard.

Richard Gere is 60?? God, I'm old. (Yes. Richard Gere's birthday is about how old I am.) I saw "American Gigolo" in 1980 at the Granada Theatre on State Street in Santa Barbara with my gorgeous partner-in-crime, Joanne. (She knows what we were up to; it was before the word "stalker" became part of society's vernacular. **COUGHkennylogginsCOUGH**)

Those were the DAYS, my friends. Driving around SB, eating, looking for Kenny Loggins, shopping, eating...and oh yeah, eating. Good Lawd, we ate a lot.

Forgive me, Lucky's in Montecito. We stole a bottle of ketchup because we never, ever had enough ketchup for our fries when we went through a drive-thu.

What was I talking about? Ah yes...happy birthday, Richard Gere. You bring back strange and wonderful memories.

No comments: