Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MacKenzie Phillips was molested by her Papa John **RE-POST**




I'm re-posting this blog I wrote back in July of this year. Mackenzie Phillips is appearing on Oprah tomorrow, and I felt it was worth another read. I've also added the commerical. Try to catch the repeat of the show at night if you miss it tomorrow afternoon.




Mackenzie said that she would do heroin with her asshole father all the time. In fact, John, who died in 2001, shot Mackenzie up with heroin for the first time. And on the night before her wedding to Jeff Sessler in 1979, her dad tried to stop her from marrying him.

Mackenzie writes, "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed. My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father. Had this happened before? I didn't know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it. For a moment I was in my body, in that horrible truth, and then I slid back into a blackout."
 
I think I'm going to wretch. 
 

Color me completely not surprised about this revelation. We always knew Mackenzie Phillips has led a pretty effed-up life, and now throwing some childhood molestation by her father, John Phillips (from the Mamas and the Papas) everything just falls into place, doesn't it? It all makes a lot more sense now.

"I've always known I would write this book," Mackenzie says in press material obtained by The ENQUIRER about the as-yet untitled tell-all.

While the publisher, Simon Spotlight, has not publicly confirmed Mackenzie's molestation admission, it released a statement saying the troubled actress would reveal a "shocking, lifelong secret."

John Phillips died in 2001 - and Mackenzie is now finally healed enough to talk about the details of her painful childhood, says the insider.

"She'll reveal when the molestation first occurred, how long it lasted and how it affected her entire life."

Mackenzie, who has been married three times and has a 22-year-olds on, Shane, hit showbiz at age 12 in the 1973 movie American Graffiti. She went on to play rebellious teen Julie Cooper on the sitcom One Day at a Time. But problems with drugs and alcohol have plagued her for most of her life.

Her addictions led to the downward spiral of her career, arrests and many stints in rehab, as well as two near-fatal overdoses."

Damaged goods. That's the life-long label those of us who know how it feels to lose your childhood to the hands of a pervert. A dear friend of mine, who knows this dark shame as I do said to me,

"... no matter how much we move forward, we feel damaged, like something so special and deep inside us was broken and will never be repaired, that it CAN'T ever become whole again no matter how hard we try or who is there to support us."

We have good days and bad. Certain things are reminders. I probably won't read Mac's book. I don't need to.

I don't use what happened to me as an "excuse" for feeling damaged...it's the reason.

No comments: