Monday, September 28, 2009

Please Lord. Let me put up something more interesting than Khloe Kardashian's wedding today.


"..and then???"


For crying out loud. I'm stuck today. I'm really, truly stuck

Obviously, I must love celebrity gossip enough to write about it (and usually make fun of), but yeeeesh. This whole fakey filmed/no pre-nup wedding has really gotten to me. Who ARE these people? Why does anyone even care about them? (Besides Ryan Seacrest, who's making piles of money producing their reality shows on E!...)  They certainly know what they're doing, those Kardashians. No need for more sex tapes anymore, huh, girls?


NINE MORE MONTHS


Autumn is sneaking into the Northwest today, and will hit like a sledgehammer tomorrow. Summer completely flew by, as it always does in Seattle. Prepare yourself for plenty of moaning about "this goddamned rain" from me...it's already stuck in my throat. We won't have any decent weather for 9 months. NINE. MONTHS.


Last year, my darling husband Stephen bought me one of those S.A.D. lights. James the boxer chewed the chord to pieces. I don't know if it did me any good, honestly. A fellow-blogger in Seattle, Spicypants, of CelebritySmackblog.com says that she goes tanning to avoid depression. I do feel better when I go to the tanning salon, with its smell of sweat and coconut. I think not being suicidal wins over the fear of skin cancer. Now there's a choice I can stand behind. Dork.


The big news of the day? He's walking. Felix. Is. Walking. I'm following this little drunkard around, talking like a goon ("...and then? And then?? I don't know why I always ask him that question.) We play "Hey Baby'"--the game, not the song. It's basically Hide and Seek, but he thinks it's pretty darn hilarious. 


At the risk of sounding like one of those goony Mom blogs, I'll just say this: I'll take Felix and his silliness over a Kardashian story any day.  I hope you will, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Then?? You'll eat him up you love him so. Felix vs Khloe? No contest. CB

jeanbean said...

I think he is walking after watching David And Elmo today...persistance!!! Go Felix!!!!

Annette said...

Is it since you showed him the Single Babies video? Way to go Felix!
9 months of winter - how miserable. I suppose i should be thankful for 7 months of soggyness. To think i enjoy the log fires at the beginning...and then comes the dust all over the furniture. The "no, it's your turn to fetch the wood". The "Why won't this effing fire light today!!". Oh - and all your clothes smelling like Pikey.

Poor Kate said...

Annette: Yet another line of yours I'm stealing: SMELL LIKE PIKEY. No one around here will know I'm insulting them. Brilliant.

xoxo j