The biggest winner of the evening was Neil Patrick Harris, the hilarious and talented host of the 2009 Emmy Awards. He was seriously laugh-out-loud funny. Can ever awards show please have NPH as the host? I promise, we would never grow weary of that darling man.
Okay. "30 Rock", "30 Rock" and "30 Rock". Honk shoo. I'm OFFICIALLY starting the backlash of that show here and now. I know, Tina Fey was great on SNL. I just don't love her on "30 Rock". I don't expect one single person to agree with me, and I'm not going to try to convince y'all, either. I'm just sayin'...and I'm sayin' it FIRST.
Justin Timberlake won an Emmy for Best Guest Actor in a Comedy for SNL, and deservedly so. Lorne Michaels needs to hire his fine and funny ass for at least a season. Know'msayin'?
- Outstanding Comedy Series: “30 Rock”, NBC
- Outstanding Drama Series: “Mad Men”, AMC
- Reality-Competition Program: “The Amazing Race,” CBS
- Actor, Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin, “30 Rock,” NBC
- Actress, Comedy Series: Toni Collette, “United States of Tara,” Showtime
- Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Michael Emerson, “Lost,” ABC
- Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Cherry Jones, “24,” Fox
- Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Jon Cryer, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS
- Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Kristin Chenoweth, “Pushing Daisies,” ABC