Friday, September 4, 2009

Michael Jackson's Funeral is Underway...Finally Laid to Rest.

Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson...finally.
Photo: via TMZ
Family, friends arriving at Forest Lawn
for Michael Jackson's funeral this evening.





As I am writing this, Michael Jackson's funeral is taking place in Glendale, California. It's sort of being televised, but not in its entirety. (I have a sneaking suspicion it may show on up DVD at some point, but that's the cynic in me. I just wouldn't put it past Joe.)

Anyway. Lisa Marie Presley (Michael's first ex-wife) was seen crying when the casket was brought into the mourning area. Corey Feldman, Chris Tucker, Macaulay Culkin and girlfriend Mila Kunis, and Dame Elizabeth Taylor were all in attendance. (Miss Taylor looked unbelievably gorgeous, I must say.) Of course, Michael's darling children arrived, Prince Michael hanging close to "Blanket", and Paris looking very stoic in eyeglasses. They really are beautiful children.

I feel a bit badly for making light of the burial of Michael Jackson earlier today...but gee, 70 days since he died and he's just now being buried? All I know is, we have not heard even remotely the end of this story. We still don't have an arrest in his homicide. That will happen any day now, I guarantee it. Dr. Conrad Murray will be arrested, then we'll have the trial...many months (years?) of trying to get to the bottom of Michael Jackson's death.

It's so cliche` to say, but Michael's music really was a soundtrack to periods of my life, just like millions of others. One funny one is when "Off the Wall" came out in 1979...I really wanted to be his friend. I was living in Ventura, California at the time, and I thought if I could just be Michael's friend, maybe he'd find some normalcy. What a weirdo I was...but I can't help but remember that time in my life and how much I LOVED Michael Jackson.

Once again. Rest in Peace, Michael.

No comments: